Luxe Box: April

The April Luxe Box was shipped out really late. I received mine on the 26th and they are supposed to be shipped out mid-month. The reason they weren't, was because Loose Button decided to do the "First in Line" program the 3rd week of April. They did that in March too and I don't really understand why. Either do it earlier or not at all. And in April, it didn't work. It was supposed to come out one day and wouldn't work so they made you sign up for a time (which I did) and it still didn't work.
The box was really under the expectations I have when I pay for a box so I unsubscribed. 


The product card:


The products:

China Glaze: Nail Polish: China Glaze is a revolutionary nail colour system for professional application. Using special methods, China Glaze offers incredible durability, fast drying, easy application and exclusive colours. 


This colour looks a lot better in the bottle. It still looks good on but it doesn't have the purple to it when applied and it really just looks blue when you have it on. When you look at your nails you can tell it is glitter but it doesn't have that metallic look that a lot of glitter has. But it does dry really fast. :)

Full Price: $8 for 14mL 




J.R. Watkins: Hand and Body Lotion: Keep your body's delicate skin soft with J.R. Watkins Hand and Body Lotions. This rich formula provides deep, long-lasting moisture that leaves skin naturally smooth, soft and nourished. Our organic formula contains more than 10 natural oils and extracts to protect and pamper even the most sensitive skin.


I have not used this and probably won't. It is not a scent I enjoy at all. I just wouldn't want to smell like that all day. :P

Full Price: $11 for 325mL


CHI: Silk Infusion: This leave-in reconstructing treatment enriched with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins protects your hair against thermal styling and environmental damages while giving your hair incredible lustre. Alcohol free, enriched with pure silk and wheat and soy proteins. (they already said that)


I don't think this is a bad product to get because it is so expensive to buy retail. But I do already own it. (lots of it as shown below) and I don't really use it anymore. The only problem I have with this sample is that I have seen it in many previous boxes, even going back like 6 months, which makes me think it is put in a box as filler because they have nothing better to give.

Full Price: $33 for 180mL

A sample I got with my straightener, the full size, and the sample in my Luxe Box.

OLAY: Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex: See results in an instant. Watch as advanced micro-fillers and light-diffusing particles smooth the look of fines lines right before your eyes. This wrinkle treatment's formula also hydrates to reduce the appearance of deep lines in just 14 days. For best results, use twice a day, every day.


I wonder if there is enough in the sample to  use twice a day for 14 days...
I don't need to use this product because I am only 18. So that is why I don't like it. I haven't used it though to try it out for pores or anything.
I am just tired of getting anti-aging products in every box.

Full Price: $33 for 50mL



The products again:

Value of the Box:

China Glaze Nail Polish: $8
Hand and Body Cream: $0.98
Silk Infusion: $2.75
Olay Cream: $4.62


Total: $16.35       wow!


That is really disappointing considering I pay $13.56 for the box. I expect a lot more than the box is worth. Especially because I got my Glossy box a couple days later and there was 3 full sized products that I have never tried before and a couple I never have heard of. (Post and video coming up next!)
I was so disappointed with this box and I understand you can't please everyone but the boxes need to be better than this to get new subscribers and to please the people already subscribed. 
I have received China Glaze polishes before and I love them but they could try to get different brands throughout the boxes so I can try something else.
I receive hand or body lotion either every month or every other month. I really don't need very much. So I am tired of getting them.
I already have the silk infusion and I understand that they don't know this but like I said above, I have seen this in boxes like 6 months back so it is a filler product and that is unacceptable.
The anti-aging stuff can stay out of the boxes with the lotion and perfumes. I get these not only from Luxe Box but from every box. But I fill out a survey for a reason, I don't need anti-aging products. So I don't want them in my box.


And that is why I unsubscribed. I will be posting a comparative blog post shortly on Luxe Box even though I am not subscribed anymore. 


-Caitlin xoxo


WHAT DID YOU THINK OF YOUR BOX?
WILL YOU UNSUBSCRIBE OR STAY SUBSCRIBED?
WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THEM THAT I DON'T?

Post a Comment