Review: Bourjois Volumizer Mascara

I got this mascara because of Swalkermakeup on youtube. She filmed a tutorial and her lashes were amazing. She is english and it is very common for english people to have really good eyelashes. I am half english, so my eye lashes aren't too bad themselves! :D

Name: Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
Availibility: Shoppers Drugmart
Price: $20
Amount: 11mL / 0.4 fl. oz.
Pictures: 
The Tube:

The Steps:

Step 1 Brush:

Step 2 Brush:

Step 1 Brush:

 Step 2 Brush:

 On my Eyelashes:

Step 2 vs Step 1:

Step 2:



After a Shower:



Rating:


Packaging: 9/10
Product: 19/25
Value: 8/10
Ease of Use: 3.5/5

Total: 39.5/50 = 79% = B+


Overall:


The packaging is good with the product actually. I really like the fact that there is  2 steps, one is length and two is volume. So if one day you just want a little mascara just to darken your lashes you have it. If you want to clump up your lashes for a night out, you have that too. The packaging is very simple. It takes a little more work to put it on, but we all put more then one coat anyways. :)

The product is alright. I think you need pretty good lashes to begin with. It added a little more to them. But if you have tiny lashes it might clump more and look messier. You have to get used to using Step 2 because it can clump very easily. The other thing I don't like about the product is when you have to take it off. After washing my face in the shower, there is black under my eyes and it is hard to get off after. Makeup wipes get it off okay, there is only a little leftover in the morning. But this is the biggest downfall to the product, and the clumping factor.

The value is alright. I think you can get a good cheaper mascara to do the same thing. But compared to the higher end brands, this price is pretty good. A lot of the MAC mascaras are 7g for $18 but you can get some 11g for $18 as well. But the newest hype, Benefit's They're Real mascara is 8.5g for $29. This one is a good mascara for $20 and I wouldn't mind spending that again.

The product is easy to use, except if you don't like 2 steps. If you are looking for something simple and quick, this mascara probably isn't for you. To get the full outcome of the product, you need to use both steps. Also, if you aren't expecting the clumpiness (is that a word?)  of it, it can be difficult to use since it clumps very easily.

I like this mascara and I would recommend it to someone who doesn't mind spending the extra money and doesn't mind putting that extra step in to it. Also, if they have longer lashes. I would repurchase it when I run out, if there isn't another that is being hyped up! :)


-Caitlin xoxo

Post a Comment