Luxe Box: March

I realize this post is super late and Glymm and Glossy box posts will be up right after this one. I have been trying to keep myself busy at home with friends because me and my boyfriend broke up and to be honest, I haven't been at home long enough to post a blog or edit and post the videos. I filmed the Luxe box and Glymm box videos the day after I got them and they should be up shortly. I still have to film my Glossy box video and March favourites and I have time to do that hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. I am working a lot this week so I will fit it in the best I can. :)


 Some of the pictures are a bit blurry because the lighting was weird so sorry :(


These are all of the cards that came in the box:







Because it is their one year anniversary, they put a card in the box that has seeds in it. You can actually plant the card in a pot and wild flowers should grow. The company planted a card as well and are going to post the progress on their facebook.


The products!

Kerastase: Masque Age Recharge: Fine, brittle hair is repaired, transformed and protected. Each strand smoother, shinier and more substantial. Towel-dry hair after wash and apply a quarter-sized amount onto hair in sections. Wrap in hot towel. Leave on for 5 minutes. Emulsify with warm water, then rinse with cold water. 


When I first opened my box, I thought this was face cream (even though I knew the brand was hair products) There is no real description or good instructions on the sample. I haven't tried this yet because of the way you use it. I like to use hair masks quickly in the shower while I am shaving so I will try it that way first. I probably won't repurchase since the price is very high.


Full Price: $60 for 200mL



DDF: Advanced Firming Cream: Advanced formula contains the breakthrough Tumeric Complex, with glycerin, zinc and copper that hydrates to firm and tighten, provides antioxidant protection for the moisture barrier, and promotes rapid surface cell turnover to help reverse the appearance of aging for younger looking skin.


This product is a repeat product for me. I only used it once the first time I got it because I don't really need firming cream yet. I also don't like using too many different face creams at a time because then you don't know what is making you break out if you do. I also have combination oily skin and a lot of creams make you more oily. But holy crap this cream is expensive, I just wish I had more use for it. 

Full Price: $140 for 48g




 MyScent Bag: Take a look at the collection of scents that we put together just for you. From sweet to sultry to elegant, we're sure you'll find a perfect scent for whatever occasion you may have. Take your pick for the day and have fun with it.


I do like the idea of a scent bag instead of one little fragrance sample. Some people don't like the fragrance samples because you can get them at department stores. But I don't personally ask for samples because 99% of the time I won't get one. I normally like to use one main fragrance so by getting little samples I have a whole store in my room for different occasions! I also live in a house of girls and have friends over a lot so they use them too!

Full Price:
CK one Shock for Her: $45 for 50mL
Vera Wang Lovestruck: $79 for 50mL
Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola: $79 for 50mL




Cargo: Glitter Top Coat: Let your eyes steal the spotlight! The ultimate transformer, CARGO's Glitter Top Coat takes your daytime eye makeup straight into the evening with one sweep of the brush. Infused with coloured iridescent glitter in a transparent base, it can be worn alone or on top of any waterproof eyeliner or eye shadow. The super long-wear formula is both waterproof and smudge-proof, and the magic tip applicator allows for perfect results!


This was a "First in Line" product. So you can sign onto your account and pick from certain products. I normally don't participate in those and let it be randomized. But the other products were an eye shadow (which I have lots of) and hair care products (which I thought might come in a packet and had already received) so I picked this. Also because it is different and I like glitter.
It does have more glitter then the pictures show, it is hard to see them all together in certain angles. 

Full Price: $18 for 0.095 fl oz.





Also in the box came a treat for a man in your life. I personally would have liked another treat for myself but oh well. I did give this to my now ex boyfriend. Funny story though, he smelt this cologne the day before I received my box and fell in love with it. So he was pretty excited. 
This sample is 15mL.


Value of the Box:

Hair Mask: $9.00
DDF Cream: $40.83
My Scent: 
          CK: $1.08
          VW: $1.90
          MJ: $1.90
Glitter Top Coat: $18.00 (apparently it is full size!)
Men's Cologne: $12.00

Total: $84.71!

The total for this box is a lot but it is mainly because of the DDF cream which is just over priced. But if you need a firming cream then this box would be amazing for you. Another reason is the full size glitter top coat and some boxes didn't get that. Another down side is if you don't have a man in your life to give the cologne to, then that is a waste.

I thought this box was okay. I liked it better when I figured out it was a hair mask and not a face cream. I do like hair masks and I like the glitter top coat. The fragrance samples are not worth very much but I like the option of having those with my other perfumes to choose from. The down side for me is the DDF cream because it is a repeat and it the only product I won't use. I was still dating my ex when I gave the cologne to him :) But we are still good friends and if any other guy products come in a box he will probably get them.

-Caitlin xoxo

WHAT DID YOU GET IN YOUR BOX?
DID YOUR BOX IMPRESS YOU THIS MONTH?
ARE YOU STAYING SUBSCRIBED TO LUXE BOX?

Post a Comment